Monday, November 10, 2008

Kate Winslet: Vanity Fair





There has been some recent controversy with the December issue of Vanity Fair. Kate Winslet who is on the cover and has a spread within the magazine is looking better than ever!

There has been rumors going around that she has been retouched and there is no way that she could look like this. Kate has been stated to be furious at these allegations. With the Oscar winning star of Titanic being seen as over weight during that time she now thinks that "Once a fat kid, always a fat kid."

I am sure that these photos have been retouched to a degree, but this can be seen as a good thing. I am kind of on the fence about my feelings. First I was angry that a woman was always going to be questioned and thought to not look like they do or get recognition if they were naturally beautiful. But then I started thinking isn't it good that more people are understanding that things are being airbrushed excessively and are not reality! I think the good is out weighing the bad here!

No comments: