Friday, November 14, 2008

*********My own addiction

So I was working on a project we have due in class where we have to put together a whole advertising campaign for a client. In this process I have had to create a fake website using photoshop and put together different advertisements, etc.

I have become really good with the program and have found it to be addicting. I have started putting different photos in there to see what I can do for pictures of myself and friends.
"Let me just black and white this one so you can't see that blemish."
"Ooh a distortion brush...let me just make that smaller... and that a little bigger..now my ass looks great!"

I stopped myself last night in the process and gave myself a little slap on the wrist. There are endless possibilities with this program and I can make myself into an entirely different person. But how embarrassing is that if I were to put up a retouched photo in my default and people are like "Who the Fuck is that? She doesn't look like that." That's how the models must feel!

So I now see that this is an addiction and I'm going to need a stronger drug to over power the damage already done!

No comments: